From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Remaining Specification topics
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:46:10 GMT
hi all,

Now we have a first specification draft I've been thinking about the
remaining design activities that need to be closed before we can call the
JSR complete.  Here's my list.  I'll send out a specific email for each one
to keep the threads separate.

1 -  Round tripping entity identity.   Its desirable to be able to get a
handle to an entity within a dump and then come back later and ask for the
entity by handle.

2 - Standardising access to internals.   The Java runtime API is
inconsistent in offering support for accessing the internal data of an
entity.

3 - Optionality - how do we  define a mechanism that allows a dump to
explain what it contains.

 4 - "Snapshot" support - We need to determine what the direction is for
supporting smaller, faster and content configurable dumps.

Cheers

Steve