From Adam Pilkington <pilkington.a...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Final version of First Early Draft Review document
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:03:49 GMT
I'm currently reading through the EDR, so I'll post my comments ad-hoc
as I progress.

I'm looking at the CorruptData interface and wonder if the
getAddress() method should be renamed so that there isn't a clash with
other getAddress() methods. The reason for this is that if you wanted
to use generics at some point, then when an iterator wants to return a
corrupt object it would do so by returning one that additionally
implemented the CorruptData interface. However this could lead to a
clash e.g. ImageSymbol.getAddress() and CorruptData.getAddress() for
an object which was representing a corrupt ImageSymbol, and care would
need to be taken in order to ensure that you are working with the
correct method.

Given that CorruptData can be implemented by any object, would it be
better to ensure that it uses unique method/field names to prevent
confusion and increase code clarity ?
-

--
Regards