From Nicholas Sterling <Nicholas.Sterl...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JavaStackFrame/JavaLocation local variable support
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:15:13 GMT
Bobrovsky, Konstantin S wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> C2 compiler annotates each safepoint with so-called DebugInfo (serialized together with
method's executable image), which records an entire in-lining hierarchy for this particular
safepoint,

Ah, I'm with you now -- thanks!  :^)  You're right, something like this
is needed for de-optimization.

So in general we would be between safepoints, and most call sites are
safepoints.  If the first safepoint has backtrace
a -> b -> c -> d -> e
and the second has
a -> b -> c -> g -> h -> i
we know that they were in a -> b -> c somewhere, but we wouldn't know
whether they were still in d or e.  Is that right?

Nicholas