From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject General Update
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 15:00:51 GMT
Hi all,  sorry for going quiet!

 Stuart and I have been working very hard on getting the kato codebase -
thats API, implementations and demos - in  a satisfactory state for
JavaOne.

We've got a lot of stuff done and thanks to Sonals demo of how to use Maven
its now building on Apache hudson from an experimental branch.  See here
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Kato/job/org.apache.kato/ for
latest state.   Stuart and I will start to post what there is and how to use
this stuff over the coming days.

The aim of all this work has been  to get the project in a state where
everyone involved could see the API in action and  check out and build the
code if they wanted. We have all of the code building on Hudson except the
jvmti experimental agent.   There will be more changes to come as we tweek
the demos etc for JavaOne but in theory its possible to check out and build
everything now.    We'll post howtos on that shortly too.

We are some way off being ready for an initial release of the code but now I
feel that it is actually visible on the horizon.

I'm off to JavaOne where I hope to meet a few of you and connect with other
vendors and just find out how much of what we've been talking about matches
what the general public actually want.

If you've sent me emails or made a post I've missed please ping me again as
its been a very hectic couple of weeks and my inbox is somewhat overflowing!

Cheers

Steve