From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject When should we publish the first Early Draft Review?
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 11:05:44 GMT
Hi all -  I hope that we generally agree that the current structure of the
API is reasonably sensible.    Of course we have more to discuss but  now is
the time to  agree the date for  our  first Early Draft Review.  This is a
key milestone in the progression of a JSR.  It signals that the main form of
the API is agreed.

The JCP guidelines state

"Early Draft Review is an early access review, designed to ideally take
place when the specification still has some unresolved issues. The public's
participation in Early Draft Review is an important part of the JCP. In the
past, comments from the public have raised fundamental architectural and
technological issues that have considerably improved some Specifications."

Setting a date for the first EDR will focus us on moving the key parts of
our discussions forward and resolving how we will actually publish the
specification.

I'm going to initially propose that the date for the EDR is 31 July 2009 and
that we will use the javadoc for the API as its specificiation.

Comments please :-)

Steve