From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject API and User stories - status and next steps
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:15:11 GMT
hi all  -  the code contribution from IBM is in the Apache svn repository
and is being refactored to remove out the IBM and DTFJ references.   Soon we
will have it building on the Apache Hudson server and you'll be able to
review the Javadoc for the DTFJ API.

This is good news as it  means we can make some significant progress on the
spec at last.

Let's  draw a line under the user stories listed so far.  (We'll add a wiki
page to list them in a more useful form).  More user stories are needed but
I think its a good point to just take the ones we have and attempt to apply
them to the API.  That will start to get us thinking in detail about the
realities of the project.

We do need to provide more info on the background of the contributed API and
its design rationale and that will go on the wiki too.

Once the javadoc and design info is available we can start work on the user
stories.   I suggest we begin  by picking a simple usecase from one of the
user stories and publishing a simple code snippet or example of usage  to
this mailing list.

Cheers