From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Trend Analyser Tool - what should it be able to do?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:47:02 GMT
Hi,  more questions for the Expert Group :-)

The trend analysis tool concept we've identified has no substance behind it
yet.

The reason this tool is on the list is that we identified that there were
situations where the monitoring of live systems was not effective  - the
main reason cited was that  the live system was changing too much for the
monitoring system to cope with . It was felt that the snapshot approach
would allow the monitoring system to provide more accurate trending at the
cost of it being less frequent.

Its easy to say "lets show trends between snapshots" but what does that
really mean?