From Adam Pilkington <pilkington.a...@googlemail.com>
Subject API Tools Matrix
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:11:12 GMT
Hi all, I've been thinking that it would be a good idea if we can construct
a matrix showing which tools use which part of the API, for example a memory
analyser tool would require access to the areas of the API which deal with
the heap, whilst a tool for deadlock analysis would want to view
thread/monitor data. I see the advantages of this as being

1) When implementing the API we can see how much support is needed in order
to allow basic or full functionality for a given tool.
2) The matrix will allow us to plan sensible engagement points with other
tools vendors (both commercial and open source) i.e. there is enough API
functionality available for them to be interested.

I would envisage this as a page on our website that can be updated over
time.

--
Regards

Adam Pilkington