From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] reboot Kato
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:08:24 GMT
----- Original Message -----

As this month's report was rejected, I believe a new report is due next
month.

> Stuart has already started off a discussion thread so thanks for that
> and i look forward to seeing the discussion progress -
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kato-dev/201201.mbox/%3C4F16A176.3010205%40stoo.me.uk%3E
>
> Joe is not speaking on behalf of the ASF Incubator here or in the
> other messages he has posted.

This is certainly true, however I have very valid concerns as a member
of this public charity about the decision-making process that's been
going on in this project.  It is one thing for the community as a whole
to go into stasis by deciding to do so, formally and publicly, using
Apache rules and processes.  It is quite another matter for this situation
to materialize out of the clear blue sky with zero public discussion
about the relative merits of the available options.  It looks more
to me like a plan hatched in some IBM office somewhere and unilaterally
imposed by IBM employees than a collective Apache-style agreement between
all available participants in this project.

YMMV. All I'm offering is a way out of this situation, nothing more
and nothing less.