From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject [POLL] reboot Kato
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:03:50 GMT
The Apache Software Foundation creates and serves the needs of
projects who serve the interests of the general public, not the
business interests of participating corporations.  When those
interests are aligned, everyone is happy.  However, when they
are not, the interests of the org must come first.

The Incubator created the Kato project for the sole benefit of
the public, and it is clear at this point that the public is
deriving very little benefit from the overall direction and
management this podling has carried out over the past 2 years.

I suggest it's time for a change.  For anyone who is interested
in actively participating in creating the future direction and
in writing quality software at Apache, please volunteer for membership
on the PPMC by expressing your +1 on this thread.  While I am
not currently a mentor on this podling and cannot at this point
guarantee that people who volunteer will be given an opportunity
to participate on the PPMC, I think most people on the IPMC will
want to see this materialize.