incubator-kato-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robert Burrell Donkin <>
Subject Re: June 2011 incubator report
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:55:51 GMT
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Steve Poole <> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Stuart Monteith <> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>        It is that time for our quarterly status report. In the past quarter
>> Steve posted that there had been discussions with Oracle regarding JSR-326
>> and this project, but so far nothing conclusive has occurred. There was an
>> indication that Oracle was going to say something, but nothing came of that
>> within this reporting period.
>> Steve - can you update us with the current situation with Oracle - have you
>> gotten any conclusions from them? And your views on the continuation of this
>> project?
> Status is :
> 10:   Bug Oracle execs
> 20:   They say "please wait"
> 30:    sleep (n days)
> 40:   goto 10
> To be fair "n" is falling and It's not like Oracle have said no. Currently
> the loop doesn't seem to have an exit though.   My best guess is that "n" is
> now looking to be about 60 days before we get a definite answer.

These things sometimes take time...

> I say we make this the last go round.   I will talk within IBM about the
> future of JSR 326 without Oracle's support.  If IBM still wants to continue
> the JSR then great - otherwise, assuming that they want to continue funding
> developers, we work out a smaller development plan that takes Kato to
> graduation.  ( We've got some great stuff but its all alpha level.)

I've review the report and it seems fair. Thanks to everyone for their patience.


View raw message