From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: June 2011 incubator report
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:45:24 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Stuart Monteith <stukato@stoo.me.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>        It is that time for our quarterly status report. In the past quarter
> Steve posted that there had been discussions with Oracle regarding JSR-326
> and this project, but so far nothing conclusive has occurred. There was an
> indication that Oracle was going to say something, but nothing came of that
> within this reporting period.
>
> Steve - can you update us with the current situation with Oracle - have you
> gotten any conclusions from them? And your views on the continuation of this
> project?

Status is :

10:   Bug Oracle execs
20:   They say "please wait"
30:    sleep (n days)
40:   goto 10

To be fair "n" is falling and It's not like Oracle have said no. Currently
the loop doesn't seem to have an exit though.   My best guess is that "n" is
now looking to be about 60 days before we get a definite answer.

I say we make this the last go round.   I will talk within IBM about the
future of JSR 326 without Oracle's support.  If IBM still wants to continue
the JSR then great - otherwise, assuming that they want to continue funding
developers, we work out a smaller development plan that takes Kato to
graduation.  ( We've got some great stuff but its all alpha level.)

--
Steve