From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject Re: Second release candidate.
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:43:41 GMT
Thanks for your comments Ant.

I thought we were going to go through a staged release process as
suggested by Robert.
My expectation was that we would then audit the licenses and the source
code, however that is done.
Only after having done that would a vote make sense, I thought.

I've changed the NOTICE file to appear like so:

     Apache Kato

     Copyright (c) 2008 - 2009 The Apache Software Foundation

     This product includes software developed by The Apache Software
     Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).

     Portions of Kato were originally developed by
     International Business Machines Corporation and are licensed to the
Apache Software
     Foundation under the "Software Grant and Corporate Contribution
     License Agreement", informally known as the "IBM Kato CLA".

     Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
     "Restricted Materials of IBM"

     (c) Copyright IBM Corp. 2004, 2008 All Rights Reserved

     US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
     restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.

I'll address the issues with the README/RELEASE files as soon as.

I expect the next action will be for us to go through the next stages as
suggested by
Robert, although we will need more detail as to what that actually
means.. After that
RC3 can be created with the changes the audits have found, and a vote
can be held.

Please let me know if this approach is reasonable.

Thanks again,
     Stuart

--
Stuart Monteith