From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject Apache Kato release - comments please
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:28:46 GMT
Hello all,
     Steve and I have been working on getting the codebase ready for a
release. This is a non-trivial activity with lots of things to get right.

Given the state of the project as it is just now, we can't claim to be
doing a 1.0 release, instead I'm following the Milestone convention.

I'm not proposing that what I've assembled is submitted as a release
candidate just yet, as there is still work to do on it.

If you look here, you'll find the files that would make up a release:
     http://people.apache.org/~monteith/kato/apache-kato-M1-incubating-RC1/

I've also created a tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kato/tags/apache-kato-M1-incubating-RC1/

Obvious things that are wrong:
     apache-kato-M1-incubating-tomcat.demos - packages are undocumented
and missing some files.
     The documentation - it needs more work, but I'd be interested in
some cursory feedback.
     The CJVMTI agent needs work under Linux - it's missing some
information.
     The TCK is still under development.
     Some filtering needs to be applied to the rat reports.
     There are some spurious files, like readme.html.

I have found this a very useful exercise, as this is the first that
we've packaged the projects contents and seen what it actually includes,
so this should give everyone a good opportunity to have a look and see.

Regards,
     Stuart

--
Stuart Monteith