From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Distributions
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:39:27 GMT
I realised that our current packaging is not very good -  its just a
collection of jar files.   we need a runtime package that can be unzipped
and have scripts to launch the various tools.   To that end I've just added
a new module to the build called kato.distro.     It uses the maven assembly
plugin to pull in the runtime jars and then creates a zip and a tar.gz.
It also easy to add extra doc ,scripts etc  so I've added some empty files
accordingly.

Just need to fill in the blank scripts  and figure out how to get the module
to build as part of the main build ...

Cheers

Steve