From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject TCK Framework changes etc
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:06:37 GMT
Hi all,  Just a heads up to say that I'm going to start work on getting the
TCK running with the cjvmti  dump generator code that Paul Sobeck
contributed.

I shall take this as opportunity to also sort out the TCK framework so it
can  support data "optionality" and deal with the 1.4 vs 5.0 problem we
have.

The main change I think  will be  splitting out the testcases into two parts
- a "scenerio" setup  + dump creation piece and a test execution piece.
Currently the TCK has them mixed together.   That will allow for scenerios
to be built and executed against a 1.4   JVM while allowing the test
execution to be a 5.0 or 6.0 level (We have to do that as the API supports
generics)

Having the two parts to the process will also allow for easier cross
platform testing -  ie be able to consume a Linux dump on a windows machine

I'll post more once I've done some experimenting :-)

Cheers

Steve