From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCK Framework changes etc
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:29:17 GMT
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Steve Poole <spoole167@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,  Just a heads up to say that I'm going to start work on getting the
> TCK running with the cjvmti  dump generator code that Paul Sobeck
> contributed.
>
> I shall take this as opportunity to also sort out the TCK framework so it
> can  support data "optionality" and deal with the 1.4 vs 5.0 problem we
> have.
>
> The main change I think  will be  splitting out the testcases into two parts
> - a "scenerio" setup  + dump creation piece and a test execution piece.
> Currently the TCK has them mixed together.   That will allow for scenerios
> to be built and executed against a 1.4   JVM while allowing the test
> execution to be a 5.0 or 6.0 level (We have to do that as the API supports
> generics)
>
> Having the two parts to the process will also allow for easier cross
> platform testing -  ie be able to consume a Linux dump on a windows machine
>
> I'll post more once I've done some experimenting :-)

thanks steve :-)

in the early days, it often feels like you're speaking to an empty
theatre but the web records your words and - on public lists - readers
always outnumber writers. nettiquette is established by doing: a good
atmosphere that encourages lurkers to post is built up over time by
conversations on list.

- robert