From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject Re: Podling reports - mentor signoff
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:23:27 GMT
Hi Robert,
    First of all, thanks for signing off the status report.

I have had some misgivings about how we've been operating. A lot of commits
have been done by Steve and myself with no explanation, if any. The past ten
weeks, for example, has had a student here (Paul Sobek) in IBM contributing
code for a JVMTI agent for an alternate JVMTI agent. We're quite excited
about
this as along with the JDI connector it allows local variables to be
inspected.
Once the codebase is there, and demonstrably useful, I imagine we'd have
to change
our operating style.

Like I mentioned in my previous note, I'd like for code to be made
available for
people to try what we have and perhaps see it's potential, even though
it's a bit rough.

While I have a blog I'll need to put more effort into getting that going
:-). I've added
it to Planet Apache.

I was thinking of posting to the Java Posse google group, as it would
expose this
project to those who are interested in Java and JVMs.

Apologies for using the word policy :-). I'll eventually get used to the
various
terminology regarding how Apache operates

Regards,
    Stuart

--
Stuart Monteith