From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject First Release, tutorial
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:39:06 GMT
Hi,
    It turns out that of our submissions to ApacheConUS 2009, one was
accepted. Oddly enough, it was a tutorial rather than a presentation.
Here are the details:
    http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/speakers/282

Before such a thing occurs there should be a release of some sort of our
project's code.

I was wondering what people (esp. mentors)  thought about that. The code
itself would be like an alpha release.  This would hopefully encourage
discussion and early adoption, and possible participation.

The steps I think would should take towards a release would include:
    o Writing documentation
    o Improving the website  - it's difficult to ascertain what we are
offering. The binaries would be linkable from here.
    o Establishing on this mailing list our current state.

There is a release process drafted here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html , but I'm not
sure how achievable all of that is at this stage of the project.

I'll be very interested in what everyone's thoughts are.

Thanks,
    Stuart

--
Stuart Monteith