From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Building the eclipse projects
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:15:23 GMT
Having moved to a different machine to prove my changes from scratch  I've
started to uncover more peculiarities in the interactions between eclipse
maven and the pde plugin.

 I can't put my finger on what's the root cause - There are two  symptoms

1 - The jdt compiler preferences for some eclipse plugin projects are
changed on disk back to 1.4 (from 1.6)
2 - In the API plugin even with all the dependencies satisfied the manifest
editor refuses to acknowledge that the classes being exported exist.  I have
to reedit the plugin runtime class path to remove and replace the api
classes dir for it to work.

It also doesn't help having the pde builder build insutu - a lot of build
time stuff gets created which ends up in the various projects.

This is turning into a real pain.   More to come when I figure out what to
do.