From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Building the eclipse projects
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:03:17 GMT
I'm hitting a weird problem when building the eclipse projects ,  If I build
outside eclipse using "mvn install"  everything works fine.   But if I build
by using the eclipse maven support I hit a problem with when the API project
(kato.api.eclipse.plugin) is built.

It fails, it seems,  because the copy dependencies maven plugin  is
expecting to find a jar file and finds a directory instead.  It looks like
this on windows.

25/06/09 16:20:48 BST: [INFO] Copying classes to C:\Documents and
Settings\spoole\workspace\kato.eclipse\plugins\kato.api.plugin\target\dependency\classes
25/06/09 16:20:48 BST: Build errors for kato.api.eclipse.plugin;
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Internal error in
the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.0:copy-dependencies':
Mojo execution failed.

In the maven project pom its configured as

<plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>copy-dependencies</id>
            <phase>validate</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
              <overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>
              <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>
              <overWriteIfNewer>true</overWriteIfNewer>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

I can't find any solution to this on the net -  so I'm left with having to
fix this either by replacing the maven plugin with some clunky Ant stuff,
or  by  doing something clever.

My latest thought is to use svn externals as a way to link the source code
of the API project into the eclipse project.   Since the only reason for the
eclipse API project is to expose the Kato API to eclipse plugins it sort of
makes sense.

Anyway - thought I'd mention it to see if anyone has fixed this or has an
opinion

Cheers

Steve