From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Build update
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:13:14 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Stuart Monteith <stukato@stoo.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>   I've checked out and built everything on Ubuntu 8.04 on x86_64 on the
> command line. Builds cleanly - would like to run it.

Wahoo - a satisfied builder!

> The only issues I hit were:
>   Eclipse 3.5 doesn't work - you have to build against 3.4
>   Some dependencies needed installing - namely the compiler (gcc) and the
> python development libraries.

I suppose I have to admit that the python jvmti approach was not a good one.
Its great when its working buts its a chore getting it running.  I really
should turn the agent into a complete c implementation - ho humm.

> I would like others to have a go, as I suspect I'm contaminated with having
> written some instructions already.
>
> The instructions needs to be organised so that the dependencies are
> detailed up front before the command line
> and eclipse instructions come up.
> Also, we seriously need some documentation on what can be done with the
> products of the build.
>
> Regards,
>   Stuart
>

> Steve Poole wrote:
>
>> Better late than never -  I've finished making the changes to get the
>> jvmti
>> agent building on windows.   Looks like everything now builds out of the
>> experimental branch.
>>
>> I've created a build status page at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KATO/BuildStatus  which
>> contains
>> a overview of what we have so far.  Its almost complete - need to add more
>> about the eclipse plugins.
>>
>> In theory you should now be able to check out the three main projects and
>> build them - at least on windows and linux 32 bit.
>>
>> I'd appreciate feedback on how well this works in practise :-)
>>
>> Build instructions are here
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KATO/Building+Kato
>>
>> you should use the instructions for the restructured build. There are two
>> alternatives described:  from the command line and from eclipse.  They
>> both
>> work for me :-)
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Steve Poole <spoole167@googlemail.com
>> >wrote:
>>

>>> 1 O'clock in the morning and all's well -   Finally I have all the
>>> implementation code (including the jvmti agent) , demos and eclipse
>>> plugins
>>> building on hudson.  I've used Maven to do the heavy lifting and things
>>> look
>>> good.    Still got the TCK to add in but thought I'd share the good news
>>> so