From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Python / JVMTI experiment
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 09:57:29 GMT
Hi all - I've just commited a project under the experimental branch in SVN.

This is the first drop of code that is designed to provide a Python
extension that fronts JVMTI.

I want to be able to explore the options for creating a new dump  that could
have its contents tailored and this seemed like a good way to be able to do
that without having to write and change lots of c or java code

The readme.txt file in the top level directory has build and run
instructions etc.  Its the first commit so it only works for me
on my linux machine (as far  as I can tell :-)

I aim to create a single extention module for Python that has equivilent
methods for most of  the jvmti functions and some Python classes that
provide a logical abstraction of the system.  The idea is that we could use
the Python serialisation mechanism to create a dump file and then retrieve
it on a Java VM using Jython.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kato/branches/experimental/PyJVMTI

Steve