From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:56:04 GMT
Google opens its doors soon for Summer of Code submissions  (see here
http://code.google.com/soc/)    ( ASF's standpoint is here
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCodeMentor)   Its sounds like a great
way to get students into open source and to get some  ideas into code.I can
see many places in Kato where we could benefit from the help (and give the
students a real challenge).

I'm more than happy to provide mentoring to students (done it more than a
few times) .  However I think apart from our estimed mentors we're  not
really ready to help students learn about the ways of open source.      Am I
being to conservative ?