From Carmine Cristallo <carminecrista...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA components!
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:29:27 GMT
Robert, Ant,
I created a JIRA issue about the creation of the components for Kato a
few days ago (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KATO-1 ). Is
there any further step I need to take to have the components created
on JIRA?
Thank you!

      Carmine

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Carmine Cristallo
<carminecristallo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
> Here's the list of the components to be created on Jira.
>
>  - TCK (for the Test Compliance Toolkit)
>  - API (for the API specification)
>  - RI (for the Reference Implementation)
>  - HARNESS (for the test harness)
>  - NMAT (for the Native Memory Analysis Tool)
>  - RTEX (for the RunTime Explorer)
>  - PROCEX (for the Process Explorer)
>  - RTI (for the RunTime Investigator)
>  - JDICONN (for the JDI Connector).
>
> I've created a JIRA task for this item. Ant/Robert... was this the
> right thing to do?
> Thank you!
>
>      Carmine
>

>      Carmine
>

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Carmine Cristallo
> <carminecristallo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I'm starting to think about what the component structure will look
>> like. In one of his previous postings, Steve suggested the following:
>>
>>> Create  components in the Kato Jira instance. We have the following obvious
areas - is this a reasonable split?
>>> - Test Compliance Kit.  Items under this component  would cover TCK development
and issues arrising about  execution validity.
>>> - API specification - items here would cover user story creation, bugs in the
spec and spec development
>>> - Reference Implementation  (nuf said)
>>> - Test Harness. The TCK is only one part of the test suite. What we are developing
needs a complex test setup and execution environment - its big enough to need its own component