From Carmine Cristallo <>
Subject JIRA components!
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:03:24 GMT
Hi all!
Here's the list of the components to be created on Jira.

 - TCK (for the Test Compliance Toolkit)
 - API (for the API specification)
 - RI (for the Reference Implementation)
 - HARNESS (for the test harness)
 - NMAT (for the Native Memory Analysis Tool)
 - RTEX (for the RunTime Explorer)
 - PROCEX (for the Process Explorer)
 - RTI (for the RunTime Investigator)
 - JDICONN (for the JDI Connector).

I've created a JIRA task for this item. Ant/Robert... was this the
right thing to do?
Thank you!

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Carmine Cristallo
<> wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm starting to think about what the component structure will look
> like. In one of his previous postings, Steve suggested the following:
>> Create  components in the Kato Jira instance. We have the following obvious areas
- is this a reasonable split?
>> - Test Compliance Kit.  Items under this component  would cover TCK development
and issues arrising about  execution validity.
>> - API specification - items here would cover user story creation, bugs in the spec
and spec development
>> - Reference Implementation  (nuf said)
>> - Test Harness. The TCK is only one part of the test suite. What we are developing
needs a complex test setup and execution environment - its big enough to need its own component
> I would also suggest one component for each of the demo tools we will
> create, although these may be created at a later stage, since the
> tools boundaries are still far from being definite.
> What do you think? I would like to call a vote on this list on Friday,
> so please post your comments before then.
> Thank you!
>      Carmine

View raw message