From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject Wiki/Webpages
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:15:38 GMT
Hi,
    I've been looking at setting up our website and wiki.

The first thing I notice is we don't have a status page from
http://incubator.apache.org/ (Kato isn't listed).
There are instructions here: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html
Shall I go ahead and do this?

I've put some basic content onto the wiki, However, before it be linked
to from the status page, we'll have to export it.
Currently we can edit our wiki here:
    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KATO/

It is being exported to people.apache.org under
/www/confluence-exports/KATO.
Our webpages should live under /www/incubator.apache.org/kato on
people.apache.org where it will be exposed as
    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kato.html

We should have two sets of files in our website. One will be exported
from the Wiki, the other set will be gotten
from other sources, such as from the build of the API's Javadoc.
The wiki would be copied to a "site" directory, with a top-level
index.html file redirecting to it.
The other files would be checked out into another directory on the same
level as site from subversion.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether or not the exported site from the
wiki should be checked into subversion - the examples I have seen just
rsync.

Anyhow, if this sounds reasonable, shall I proceed?

Regards,
    Stuart