From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kato Infrastructure setup - list to discuss
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:19:34 GMT
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Stuart Monteith <stukato@stoo.me.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I think it would be good to get a Wiki up and running soon. I like the
> look of Confluence - having fine grained
> control over access to the Wiki could be beneficial with our interaction
> with the JSR expert group.
>
> If nobody objects, can I ask either Robert or Ant (our PMC members) to open
> a ticket on Jira INFRA to create a Confluence Wiki?

we're around on list ;-)

just needs a consensus that confluence is the right way to go. one way
would be to put it to a formal vote (just start a new thread with a
[VOTE] prefix and include a vote template eg.

--8<----------------------------------------------------------
[ ] +1 Foo Bar!
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1 No Foo Bar!

) though show of hands would be good enough (just people replying with
+1 or -1).

BTW it's quite important on apache lists that people who agree reply
with a +1 even if they have nothing more to add: it allows people to
understand whether that there's consensus on an issue rather than just
apathy. you'll also see people reply +0 or -0 indicating that they
mildly support the measure (or not) but don't really have the energy
to strongly help (or create an alternative).

- robert