From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kato wiki, website etc
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:08:17 GMT
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Steve Poole <spoole167@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Simple questions really:  how do we go about creating the wiki and website
> for Kato?

a wiki usually means a new instance need to be created. first step is
to decide on the flavour of wiki

podling websites are within the incubator virtual host ie
http://incubator.apache.org/kato

the first step is to decide on a site creation strategy and then start
committing the site into subversion

> Do I just raise INFRA Jira workitems

for the wiki: once a flavour has been chosen, yes

for the website, no need

> (and if so which kind soul gets to do the work?)

anyone with appropriate karma

> I can see that it might be that easy for a wiki but
> not for the website...

the website's can be done by anyone with incubator karma, the wiki
needs to be done by someone with appropriate infra karma

just FYI http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#bootstrap is a
draft but might be useful

- robert