From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Board report, December 2014
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 07:08:08 GMT
Hi guys,

I prepared the following board report for Kalumet podling:

-----------------------------------
Kalumet

Kalumet a complete environment manager and deployer including J2EE
environments (application servers, applications, etc), softwares, and
resources.

Kalumet has been incubating since 2011-09-20.

Community Developement:
Apache Kalumet 0.6-incubating version has been released.
However, due to some misunderstanding, the release vote has not been
completed by 3 IPMC.
Especially, some legal files issues have been raised.
We are preparing a 0.6.1-incubating release to fix the legal files and
submit to IPMC vote.
We are in the way of promoting the documentation on the website.

Project Development:
We are preparing the 0.6.1-incubating (plan for December, 27) to fix the
legal files issues raised on 0.6-incubating release and have a complete
IPMC vote.
We are preparing the 0.7-incubating release with the development changes.

Local branches have been created containing:
- new model and REST API
- new webconsole (remove of Echo framework)
These local branches will be merged on the 0.7-incubating branch (master).

Before Graduation:
    - The documentation has been updated and aligned with the
0.6-incubating release. The documentation will be promoted on the
website and "linked" in announcement e-mails as soon as the
0.6.1-incubating release has been voted.
    - The 0.7-incubating release will fix the graduation issue,
especially in term of license (removal of Echo2 framework for the UI).

Post Graduation:
   - Kalumet scripts. It's the extension of the "software" concept
globally to all Kalumet resources. It will allow users to create custom
deployment/update plan, with a set of fine-grained steps.

aware of:

None so far.

Date of last release:

   2013-11-22

Date of next release:

   2014-12-27

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

   None

It's basically an update of the previous report.

I will try to work on Kalumet during Christmas holiday.
If it doesn't work, we will have to thing about retiring Kalumet podling.

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré