From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Board report September 2012
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 13:11:40 GMT
Hi all,

I prepared the Kalumet board report for September 2012. We have to
submit the board report before 5th of September.

Here's the content of the report:

---
Kalumet

Apache Kalumet is a complete platform to administrate data center. It
covers the operating system tasks, middleware provisioning, etc. Kalumet
entered incubation in September 2011.

Community Developement:

Most of users are waiting for a first release to jump into Kalumet.

A talk has been submitted to ApacheCon EU. This talk is an introduction
to Kalumet, a presentation of the current features and present the roadmap.

Project Development:

We fixed major bugs:
- KALUMET-42
- KALUMET-40
- KALUMET-39
- KALUMET-38
- KALUMET-23

The Kalumet activity is better now, we did 96 commits on Kalumet.

The Kalumet community is focusing on the documentation, we made good
progress around the documentation (screenshots, etc).

Before Graduation:

   - The documentation is the highest priority.
   - Once a first documentation is completed, we plan to cut off a
couple of Kalumet releases.

Post Graduation:
   - Kalumet scripts. It's the extension of the "software" concept
globally to all Kalumet resources. It will allow users to create custom
deployment/update plan, with a set of fine-grained steps.
   - Refactoring of the UI. Currently Kalumet Console uses Echo2 framework.
     It's a category B license framework. We plan to refactore the
console to use a new framework.

Web Site/Communication Development:

   The website will be updated with the documentation.

aware of:

None so far.
---

Please, let me know if you want to made some updates, or I made some
mistakes.

Thanks,
Regards
JB