incubator-kafka-users mailing list archives

From Radek Gruchalski <radek.gruchal...@portico.io>
Subject Reading "first available" offset for the partition?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:17:03 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding an issue related to OffsetOutOfRange exception.
I have an app that consumes messages from a topic, this app uses node.js and node-kafka behind.
Our data retention policy is 24h and the app in question was down for over 2 days. Not a problem,
this is a prototype, however…
Now, when reconnecting, we are receiving OffsetOutOfRange. Understandable, I'm only trying
to figure out how to find the "first available" offset for a partition.
Am I assuming correctly this can be done with JMX only? Any avro/thrift/rpc call that could
give me that data?

Kind regards,

Radek Gruchalski
radek.gruchalski@technicolor.com (mailto:radek.gruchalski@technicolor.com) | radek.gruchalski@portico.io
(mailto:radek.gruchalski@portico.io) |
radek@gruchalski.com
 (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
00447889948663

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be confidential and/or legally
privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show
it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.