incubator-kafka-users mailing list archives

From Patricio Echagüe <patric...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to enable snappy compression
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 01:18:01 GMT
Hi all, I wanted to double check if Kafka compression (snappy) works with
0.7.0 version. I'm setting the codec in my producer but after running two
tests, one without compresion and one with compression, I don't see any
difference in the log file size nor JConsole.

The messages I send contain a lot of repetitive characters.

What would a better way to test compression be?

Thanks