incubator-kafka-dev mailing list archives

From nn chuong411 <nnchuong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve Partition-Id from MessageStream
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 05:54:41 GMT
Ok, Here is my usecase:
   -I use a group of producers to tail log for one MMO game, one producer
for one server game
   -Each producer will send messages to a particular partition under a
shared topic (mean, one topic for one game)
   -I use a static map table to map partition-id - server game name
   -A group of consumers will consume log for this game, one consumer for
at least one partition
   -Number of partitions for one consumer will be dynamic changed for load
balancing at consumer side
   -Processing at consumer require a know server name (mean, partition id)
for each message
   -I don't wanna handle offset updating manually with Simple - Consumer,
it risk my processing logic
So, do you have any suggestion for me?