From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regression with LDAP group lookups in JSPWiki 2.9.1-svn-31
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:53:01 GMT
Hi Dave,

almost a a month later, but finally got time to look into this issue. The
good news: I was able to setup JSPWiki with container based authentication
and LDAP group lookups.

I followed your blog post [#1], but with some tiny differences as I've used
some different versions:

* OpenDJ 2.5.0-Xpress1
  - no-brainer installation, for testing purposes
  - base DN: dc=example, dc=com,
  - No groups OU, no Users OU (this shouldn't matter, it should only affect
the base DN on GlassFish configuration)
  - one wiki-admin group and one wiki-users group
  - one wikiadmin user (cn, givenName, sn, uid, password, all of them with
the same value, wikiadmin), member of wiki-admin
  - one wikiuser user (cn, givenName, sn, uid, password, all of them with
the same value, wikiuser), member of wiki-users

* GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2.2
  - Configurations -> server-config -> Security : JACC = simple
  - Configurations -> server-config -> Security -> Realms -> JSPWikiUsers
(c.s.e.s.a.r.l.LDAPRealm)
    + JAAS Context : ldapRealm
    + Directory : ldap://localhost:389
    + Base DN : dc=example,dc=com
    + (additional property) group-search-filter : uniqueMember=%d
    + (additional property) group-base-dn : dc=example,dc=com
    + (additional property) search-filter : cn=%s
  - Once the config is made, server restart

* JSPWiki v2.10.0-svn-11 (current trunk, almost 100% sure no modifications
on auth code since 2.9.1-svn-31)
  - followed the steps described at [#1]
  - mvn clean install
  - deployed the war on GlassFish

Did you see any exceptions regarding JSPWiki? Until I had my GlassFish
Realm config fine, I stumbled upon a lot of GlassFish exceptions regarding
LDAP auth (user not found, and similar ones), but they never were JSPWiki
specific. Also, I had to restart GlassFish every time I had to save the
Realm configuration, in order to ensure the configuration was saved and
loaded.

HTH,
juan pablo

[#1]