From Dave Koelmeyer <dave.koelme...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>
Subject Regression with LDAP group lookups in JSPWiki 2.9.1-svn-31
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 13:43:22 GMT
Hi All,

Looks like there has been a change in JSPWiki 2.9.1-svn-31 with
container based authentication and LDAP group lookups.

I've previously blogged my configuration using JSPWiki 2.8.3 and
GlassFish 3.1 which worked fine:

http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/2012/01/28/container-based-authentication-with-jspwiki-glassfish-and-opendj/

Using this same configuration on JSPWiki 2.9.1-svn-31, LDAP group
memberships are not retrieved.

I have gone so far as to configure a fresh installation of JSPWiki 2.8.3
in a GlassFish domain with the above configuration, then duplicated
settings exactly in another GlassFish domain using JSPWiki 2.9.1-svn-31.
Version 2.8.3 will retrieve LDAP groups fine, JSPWiki 2.9.1-svn-31 will not.

The behaviour I see on v2.9.1-svn-31 is the same as if I change the JACC
provider from "simple" to "default" in GlassFish using JSPWiki 2.8.3:
LDAP lookups are fine, but LDAP groups aren't. Can anyone offer some
pointers on what might have changed between JSPWiki versions to break this?

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer