From Roberto Venturi <Ro...@Mercurio.It>
Subject Re: JSPWiki, jspwiki.policy, Tomcat 7
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:31:40 GMT
Hi all,
I do not know differences between Tomcat releases but my be your
problem is like mine with WebSphere: in my environment the policy file
is ignored and everyone can do anything. Di you have the same problem?

Here is my solution.

In the class "org.apache.wiki.auth.Authorization.Manager.java" there
is the "checkStaticPermission" method who makes a
"AccessController.checkPermission(permission)" call.
WebSphere (as installed and tuned by IBM for my company) answers
ALWAYS "true" for Jspwiki permissions so the result is that everybody
can do anything.

I proposed my changes to this mailing list because I'm not familiar
with jra and team working :-( but I'm happy to partecipate if someone
will be so patient to teach me the steps.

Basically I added a new configuration variable (jspwiki.properties)
"JVMwideSecurity" normally set to "true" (false for my environment).
Then I modified the mentioned class (and
"org.apache.wiki.auth.SecurityVerifier.java" too) to skip the
"AccessController.checkPermission" method and go directly to the
"allowedByLocalPolicy" one.

Of course modified sources are available.

Hopeing to be helpful, regards,
Roberto Venturi

--
Messaggio inviato da WebMail - http://www.mercurio.it