From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: Question about percent signs in jspwiki links
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 07:31:42 GMT
Hi Andrew,

> From what I understand from the jspwiki faqs jspwiki.percentsign was added to jspwiki
in a previous release.  Was it removed in the release I am running?

I couldn't find that property in the current 2.8 branch, so I guess this is outdated information.
Where exactly did you find this hint?

> Is there another way to put a percent sign in a link path?

I'm not aware of any, but maybe others, who know the code better, do.

However, I don't think it is a good idea to put percent signs in a link path. The reason is
percent encoding of URIs (see RFC 3986 [1]), which uses the percent sign as a special character.
The percent sign itself has to be encoded as %25.

Regards
 Florian

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986