From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: wiki security and the policy file
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:33:00 GMT
Hello Carol,

could you post the policy settings you're trying to set?
Do the log files tell anything?
Which groups are the relevant users in?
Which Servlet Container / Application Server are you using, and which version and vendor of
Java is it run with? Is it running without a security manager (see JSPWIKI-129)?
Please also have a look at the mail thread in http://www.mail-archive.com/jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org/msg02855.html

Regards
 Florian

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----
Von: "Carol Hassler" <Carol.Hassler@wicourts.gov>
An: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2011 17:41:52
Betreff: wiki security and the policy file

Hello,

I am trying to set up limited permissions for a specific wiki group
(call the group "WikiAdmins") to delete pages. I don't want to grant
them the full power of the Admin group, so I'm trying to set limited
permissions via the policy file.

I've been following instructions here:
http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/wiki/Wiki.Admin.Security#section-Wiki.Admin.Security-ModifyingTheDefaultSecurityPolicy

And can't seem to get these permissions to work. I even tried copying
directly the "Admin" permissions already in the policy file, pasting
those onto the end of the file and changing the group name to
"WikiAdmins", but that doesn't seem to work for me either.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I'm missing here? We're on
v.2.8.4.

Thanks!
Carol