From "George, Kenneth V [NTK]" <Kenneth.V.Geo...@sprint.com>
Subject RE: Profile Security NOT WORKING!!!
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:34:34 GMT
Thanks for taking the time to research all of this.

I am not sure why things are not working for me with 2 different machines and flavors 1.6
JDK (which is very frustrating since I think 1.5 is about to go the way of 1.4 - eol).

I enabled the SecurityConfig.jsp and was able to show using 1.6 and Tomcat 6.0.32  I would
get ALL GREEN boxes no matter what I would set jspwiki.policy to, and would get a mix of GREEN
and RED using 1.5.

I was thinking that maybe I should d/l the source and try to build the JSPWiki.jar file using
1.6 and see if I get different results.  Just not sure.

From: Joseph Mocker [mailto:mock@fakebelieve.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:16 PM
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Profile Security NOT WORKING!!!

All this commotion got the best of me, so I gave it a spin. Plus I'm running 2.4 and I probably
should really upgrade.

At any rate, seemed to work for me, here's what I did:

  1.  Spun up a new Ubuntu Server 10.10 X64 VM
  2.  Created install folder /app
  3.  Downloaded JDK 1.6.0_24 X64 from Oracle
  4.  Installed Java into /app/jdk1.6.0_24
  5.  export JAVA_HOME=/app/jdk1.6.0_24
  6.  Downloaded Tomcat 6.0.32
  7.  Installed Tomcat in /app/web/apache-tomcat-6.0.32
  8.  Started up Tomcat to make sure its working. It was. Shut it down.
  9.  Downloaded JSPWiki 2.8.4
  10. Installed JSPWiki into /app/web/sites/default/webapps/wiki
  11. Installed corepages into /app/web/sites/default/webapps/wiki
  12. Edited jspwiki.properties to fix paths for pageDir and storageDir
  13. Created Tomcat webapp descriptor in /app/web/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/conf/Catalina/localhost/wiki.xml
(attached)
  14. Started up Tomcat hit the /wiki/Installer.jsp page in browser.
  15. Restarted Tomcat. Verified I could create files as anonymous, and I could login to admin
account.
  16. Changed WEB-INF/jspwiki.policy (attached) file so that only logged in users can create/modify
pages.
  17. Restarted Tomcat. Verified I could not created/modify pages until I logged in.
Seemed pretty straight forward to me. Much easier than getting JSPWiki 2.4 with a custom jspwiki.policy
to work with Sun Java System Web Server 7.0.

:-)

 The Security Configuration Verifier showed the exact permissions of what I could do.

  --joe