From "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lgilardon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RSS Feed issuse
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:16:47 GMT
  This issue was already discussed a bit (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org/msg01752.html).

However, i have a setup where the whole system is under access control,
but with all authenticated users allowed to see anything,
and in this case I was able to manage my (and likely your need):

I setup forced authentication through web.xml and then defined the
policy as following:

grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Anonymous" {
permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*", "view";
};

grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Asserted" {
};

grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Authenticated" {
     permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*",
"modify,rename";
     permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission
"*:*", "view";
     permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission
"*:<groupmember>", "edit";
     permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"createPages,createGroups";
};

Net effect is that tomcat manage and force authentication, but rss
reader assume everything is accessible ...

Luca

On 3/15/2011 8:42 AM, Florian Holeczek wrote:
> Hi Kenneth,
>
> AFAIK this is not possible. Since the feed is public, it would leak protected information
otherwise. As long as the public is authorized to view a page, this one should show up in
the feed, too.

> Best regards
>   Florian

only getting updates on 2 pages (Main and About).  Neither of these is protected.  However,
I have made several changes to pages that ARE protected and these don't show up.  How do I
get these to show up since several people have VIEW/EDIT access to the pages and want to know
when things change?

> Thanks.

> This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use
of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.