From Rolf Schumacher <mailingl...@august.de>
Subject Re: searching
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:07:01 GMT
ok, Harry, thank you for the link.

My suggestions, please correct:

- hard-coding of file types seems to me as not a problem: anything shall
be searched
- the list is too short, important types such as .doc, .odt, .pdf, .ppt,
.odp are missing
- am I right here?: If I can provide a filter that makes text out of
this files it should not be as tough to add them
- we may be better off if we have an attribute with each attachment
telling its MIME type as far as detectable at attachment time, that way
we are not as much dependent on correct file extentions

- a quick suggestion: please add .mm as another xml type. The freemind
plugin is of great value.

kind regards

Rolf