From Brian Burch <Br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: Friendly page titless
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:47:45 GMT
On 26/08/10 21:58, Chris Haynes wrote:
> Hey! Just a minute!
>
> Is this the new Wiki structure which permits pages to be organized into directory groups
(that I was asking for last year)?

Sorry to disappoint you, Chris. The behaviour of the
PhotoCollectionPlugin is restricted to the directory structure that
houses the pictures. The associated wiki pages are still held in the
"normal" single directory. It is the external photo collection that can
be hierarchical and the plugin will map between these two organisational
regimes.

> Is it in a standard release yet?
>
> Is it documented anywhere other than in the eMail thread?
>
> Did I miss some big announcement or is _this_ it?
>
> Regards, from a happily-expectant

However, I am puzzled that you have not looked at the standard "beautify
pages" feature that I encountered during my research into my own plugin.
My algorithms are derived from the base code, although the behaviour is
customised to deal with external file and directory names when used to
automatically derive unique wiki page names.

I tried to quickly find out something about the beautify feature, but
was surprised at how little had been written:

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/SystemInfo -> Do we beautify titles? true.

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/JSPWikiSupport#section-JSPWikiSupport-PageNamesWithBlanks

There are two issues related to this feature, I think...
1) some people want to create wiki page names with embedded blanks, so
the filenames and associated url's have to embed the String %20 (or is
it +) instead to make them legal.
2) Some people want their existing wiki CamelCase page titles
//rendered// as their page names, but with white space between each word.

My code is based on the class com.ecyrd.jspwiki.TextUtil, so you might
like to review the original code. The only use that seems important is
within WikiEngine.beautifyTitle(), which claims to add whitespace to
wiki page titles.

I was under the impression that there was a global beautifyPages
property in jspwiki.properties, but I haven't found it in the default
file. I wonder whether the feature needs to be triggered by the template
parameters... perhaps someone who knows more can help?

Regards,

Brian