From Brian Burch <Br...@PingToo.com>
Subject Re: Photo Collection plugin
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:01:55 GMT
On 08/08/10 02:40, Fritz Schneider wrote:
<snip/>
> Looks the same without the leading slash. Register, and I'll authorize you
> to edit, if you wish.

Shouldn't be necessary, thanks.

>> If not, we need to review all your properties... could you tell me
>> exactly what you have coded, and also the absolute paths to both the
>> image and the corresponding thumbnail.
>
> photoCollection.collection.base = files/pictures/
> photoCollection.collection.alias = Photos
>
> photoCollection.default.sortmethod = date
>
> photoCollection.default.thumbspfx =
> photoCollection.default.thumbspath = thumbs

I have looked carefully at my code and have two observations:

a) the built-in default for thumbspfx is an empty String. It is just
possible that your jspwiki.properties line is assigning something else
(space or carriage return). Could you please simply delete or comment
out this line and let my own global default take effect?

b) my own thumbs are built by a package called ginp, which assigns a
thumbnails sub-directory name of ".ginp". Under linux, any files or
directories whose names start with a dot are treated as hidden (like the
windows hidden attribute). The PhotoCollectionPlugin behaves like a
linux filesystem viewer and by default will hide anything with a leading
dot. I manually added showhidden='true' to the [{INSERT
PhotoCollectionPlugin}] command in one of my directory wiki pages... and
I a hyperlink to create a page for my thumbs directory appeared!!!

Unfortunately, your thubnail directory does not start with a leading dot
and I don't have the converse logic to let you "hide" it.

I will add this feature in a new release (see separate post coming
soon), but in the meantime, could try renaming one (or all) of your
thumbnail subdirs to ".thumbs"? I predict the unwanted hyperlinks will
miraculously disappear!

Regards,

Brian