From "Fritz Schneider" <Fr...@Peacham.com>
Subject RE: Photo Collection plugin
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:38:24 GMT
> I have looked carefully at my code and have two observations:
>
> a) the built-in default for thumbspfx is an empty String. It is just
> possible that your jspwiki.properties line is assigning something else
> (space or carriage return). Could you please simply delete or comment
> out this line and let my own global default take effect?

Done, but no visible change it was finding my un-prefixed thumbs fine
before.

> b) my own thumbs are built by a package called ginp, which assigns a
> thumbnails sub-directory name of ".ginp". Under linux, any files or
> directories whose names start with a dot are treated as hidden (like the
> windows hidden attribute). The PhotoCollectionPlugin behaves like a
> linux filesystem viewer and by default will hide anything with a leading
> dot. I manually added showhidden='true' to the [{INSERT
> PhotoCollectionPlugin}] command in one of my directory wiki pages... and
> I a hyperlink to create a page for my thumbs directory appeared!!!

I use the Irfanview utility, and it adds a suffix to the thumbnails. If it's
not too much trouble, a thumbssfx property would be very useful.

> Unfortunately, your thubnail directory does not start with a leading dot
> and I don't have the converse logic to let you "hide" it.

> I will add this feature in a new release (see separate post coming
> soon), but in the meantime, could try renaming one (or all) of your
> thumbnail subdirs to ".thumbs"? I predict the unwanted hyperlinks will
> miraculously disappear!

As predicted, renaming the directory made the unwanted links disappear. The
Windows file Explorer was not very cooperative. It thought I was creating a
file with a blank name and an extension of ".thumbs" even though it was a
directory. I had to use another program to do the renaming.

While a way to ignore certain directories explicitly might be useful, I
would think that the default would be to always hide the thumbs directory,
no matter what its name.

Regards,

Fritz