From Chris Haynes <ch...@harvington.org.uk>
Subject Accessing Admin UI for hand-creation of user accounts
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 10:02:24 GMT
Hello all,

I want new users to be admitted only by administrator action.

I've successfully patched out the ability for users to self-register.

The logged-in user is a member of the the Admin group, which has all permissions.

What I now need is the ability for an administrator to be able to enter the details of a new
user by hand.

I've discovered Jeanne's 'how-to' (of 8 May 2008) in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-266
where he refers to the hand-creation of user accounts using /admin/Admin.jsp

I'm running JSPWiki 2.8.3.

I can see a couple of JSPs in /admin which are related to this theme - it looks like it has
been re-engineered since 2008.

I cannot work out how, in the running system, one navigates to this Admin UI; I can't see
it anywhere! Please provide guidance.

Chris