From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: problems with apt-get installed tomcat and jspwiki
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:35:29 GMT
Rolf Schumacher wrote:

> While this seems to be nice security feature I'd like to know how this
> is achieved in tomcat6. Also I like to know how one can switch that
> rigid security off.
>
> May be I should ask on tomcat list?

You can, but if you're using a distro-repackaged Tomcat you'll most
likely be told to ask your distro's maintainers, because what's now
on your system bears little resemblance to a standard Tomcat install.

Also, aside from the configuration butchery, some distros set up a
security manager by default, which is probably what's causing your
problems.

If it were me, I'd immediately uninstall that "Tomcat" and install
a real one. Otherwise, look at your startup script options.

FWIW,
webtuitive design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com
twitter: @hassan
                           dream.  code.