From Rolf Schumacher <mailingl...@august.de>
Subject Re: problems with apt-get installed tomcat and jspwiki
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:41:27 GMT
I got it working but do not know why it didn't work in the first place:

If I substitute the home for pages from "/home/rsc/jspw" to
"webapps/jspw/pages" and copy all the pages over JSPWiki works as usual.

Below tomcat6/conf (linked to /etc/tomcat6 on Debian) there is a file
"context.xml". I changed the first line to <Context
allowLinking="true">. However, this does not let me define a pages
folder that is not physically located below /var/lib/tomcat6. Neither by
linking from /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/jspw/pages to /home/rsc/jspw nor
by specifying /home/rsc/jspw directly in jspwiki.properties.

While this seems to be nice security feature I'd like to know how this
is achieved in tomcat6. Also I like to know how one can switch that
rigid security off. allowLinking="true" doesn't help, at least not alone.

May be I should ask on tomcat list?

Rolf