From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: Can the "jspwiki.baseURL" expanded dynamically?
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:48:25 GMT
Hi Siegfried,

we really appreciate your WOAS approach and so I tried to have a look at
this. However, time...

Could you please open a JIRA issue on this, so it doesn't get lost?

I personally believe that looking at how computing devices become mobile
more and more, a somehow dynamic BaseURL might be important use case.
We're really quite inflexible at this point.

One possibility I'm thinking of would be passing the variable definition
via the java command line (-Djspwiki.baseURL=...). However, this should
be discussed in JIRA.

Regards
 Florian

Am 27.02.2010 14:24, schrieb Siegfried Goeschl:
> Hi Janne,
>
> not really feasable with native executable for Windows or Mac and also
> not elegant ... :-)
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> On 26.02.10 09:00, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
>>
>> But you could have a small shell script which would replace the relevant
>> sections in jspwiki.properties with sed or something...?
>>
>> /Janne
>>
>> On Feb 25, 2010, at 22:47 , Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Janne,
>>>
>>> this helps for streamlining my configuration but does not solve the
>>> problem - ${localhost.hostName} whould be completely dynamic
>>> (InetAddress.getHostName()), i.e. no manual configuration involved.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Siegfried Goeschl

This