From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Can the "jspwiki.baseURL" expanded dynamically?
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:27:55 GMT

Ugh... Yeah, you might be able to do that using cascading properties
and variable expansion, and storing one of the cascading propfiles
somewhere where it's easily editable.  This isn't documented very well
anywhere, but here are the relevant snippets:

    /**
      *  You define a property variable by using the prefix "var.x" as a
      *  property. In property values you can then use the "$x"
identifier
      *  to use this variable.
      *
      *  For example you could declare a base directory for all your
files
      *  like this and use it in all your other property definitions
with
      *  a "$basedir". Note that it does not matter if you define the
      *  variable before its usage.
      *  <pre>
      *  var.basedir = /p/mywiki;
      *  jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir =         $basedir/www/
      *  jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir = $basedir/www/
      *  jspwiki.workDir =                            $basedir/wrk/
      *  </pre>

      *  <h3>Cascading Properties</h3>
      *  <p>
      *  You can define additional property files and merge them into
the default
      *  properties file in a similar process to how you define
cascading style
      *  sheets; hence we call this <i>cascading property files</i>.
This way you
      *  can overwrite the default values and only specify the
properties you
      *  need to change in a multiple wiki environment.
      *  <p>
      *  You define a cascade in the context mapping of your servlet
container.
      *  <pre>
      *  jspwiki.properties.cascade.1
      *  jspwiki.properties.cascade.2
      *  jspwiki.properties.cascade.3
      *  </pre>
      *  and so on. You have to number your cascade in a descending
way starting
      *  with "1". This means you cannot leave out numbers in your
cascade. This
      *  method is based on an idea by Olaf Kaus, see
[JSPWiki:MultipleWikis].

/Janne